Graphic Design & Management
The Graphic Design & Management curriculum at IADM carries you on a journey through art and design courses. That build your skills as a designer in graphics as well as it wraps up with a close look at the business of being a designer and management of projects and resources. It also focuses on ideas generation skills, typography, layout and design, color psychology, computer graphics, advanced advertising, packaging design, promotional design, and commercial illustrations. Thus the completion of this course not only enable the learner to achieve knowledge of graphics only but also EDEXCEL in bringing business and management side up to the mark.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Individuals seeking to transform their ideas into strong concepts for today’s technical world outside and seeking opportunities to gain practical experience, to form professional relationships in the design community.
WHY CHOOSE IT?
- An education designed to produce designers who have shaped their disciplines.
- Accredited by UK Edexcel board the programme offers learners the ways to communicate ideas in various forms of media presentation.
- an excellent learning environment designed to offer the depth of learning that prepares for the world of study and further education
- a chance to complete your thesis year in one of the top ranked university of UK.
Minimum eligibility criteria for admission:
The selection of the students is based on the following factors:
1. Academic background:
Candidates with ICS, ICOM, FA, FSC, A LEVELS in any subject can apply for this course.
2. Assessment test
An assessment test will be provided to candidates which is designed to analyses their aesthetical abilities in art and design field. The percentage in this test will allow the department to focus on the areas in which candidates lack, so further advising can be given by assessors.
Submission of a completed application form along with academic documents:
3. An application form has to be filled by the candidate given by the admission office. The form will have all the required academic documents which include two passport size pictures previous academic certificates, and CNIC copy of candidate in case the candidate does not possess one, guardian’s id card copy can also be attached.
Total duration: 4 years
Total semesters: 8 (6 months per semester)
CREDIT HOUR DETAIL
Total credits: 240
Mandatory: 80 credits
Optional: 160 credits
TOP UP BACHELORS
Total credits: 120 credits
UNITS FOR BACHELORS IN GRAPHIC, MEDIA DESIGN& MANAGEMENT
- Basic Design
- Color Theory
- Drawing Techniques
- Typographic Ideas
- Communication with Images in Art and Design
- Visual Communication in Art&Design
- Graphic design
- 2D, 3D and Time-based Digital Applications
- Art, Design& Media Practice within the digital environment
- Contextual &Cultural Referencing in Art&Design
- Management of the design& Production Process
- Interactive Media Web Authoring
- Cultural Interpretation in Graphic Design
- Project Design, Implementation &Evaluation(Mini Thesis)
- packaging in Graphic Design
- Advertising Photography
- Professional Practice
- Development & techniques of Film and video Editing
- Products, Marketing and Advertising Media
- Camera and lighting techniques for Moving Image production
- Graphic Arts/Printing techniques
- Moving image documentary producti Illustration
- Digital Design
- Managing creative business
- Photography for Designers or Digital Photography
- Portfolio development
In today’s world full of splashy visual elements and subliminal elements, graphic design is a growing industry, and good graphic designers are highly sought after.
One of the most common places where a graphic designer is with a graphic design firm. These firms hire several graphic designers to work on a variety of different projects for several clients.
Some companies also hire their own graphic designers. Advertising agencies often have several graphic designers on staff, for example. Graphic designers may also be able to find work with other companies, such as newspapers, magazines, publishers, websites, soft drink companies, museums, and restaurants.
You can also work as a freelance designer. Freelancers are self-employed individuals who work for themselves. Although they do have the option of picking and choosing which types of projects they work on, freelance graphic designers are also responsible for looking for and procuring their own clients. This can be a lengthy and time consuming process, and steady work is not always available
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Advertising art director
- Graphic designer
- Production designer, theatre/television/film
- Exhibition designer
- Fine artist
- Interior and spatial designer
- Landscape architect
- Medical illustrator
- Multimedia specialist